[LMB] OT: Pandemic response

Karen A. Wyle kawyle at att.net
Wed Apr 29 13:23:15 BST 2020

 There's pretty heated dispute about whether China is indeed recovering nicely, and whether any of the figures China has released about cases and deaths are close to accurate. China's having actively suppressed early information about the disease (e.g. silencing and/or "disappearing" scientists who warned about it or did gene sequencing work on it) has something to do with that skepticism.
The range of infection in the U.S. seems very broad, no surprise given the great variations in population density.
Karen A. Wyle
   [skip]

> On 29 Mar 2020, at 2:43 AM, Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com> wrote:
>
> Well China did a draconian shutdown and seems to be recovering nicely.The U.S. did not and seems to be suffering. My area (New York) is very badly hit.
>
> Harvey

/lois-bujold