[LMB] Where are the dogs?

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 02:09:34 BST 2020

Conclusively?  There's nothing conclusive about any of that.  It's all
circumstantial, and after the Time of Isolation.

We know little about what they had in the ToI.  Horses are certain.
Chickens are virtually certain - why would a native plant be called
henbloat if there were no hens?  But we don't even know what grains were
used for groats - buckwheat is possible, but it's a notoriously
low-yielding grain.  Rye?  Wheat?  I'd be shocked if there were no corn -
it's the highest-yielding grain there is.  Amaranth?  Millet - of one of
the five unrelated species of 'millet'?  And some kind of livestock, but
what kinds we don't know.