[LMB] QUOTES (Yes, I AM shouting!)

Sylvia McIvers sylviamcivers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 23:21:21 BST 2020

> But copying the bit you really do need to quote into a
> new post is not very hard, and your extra work in doing
> this is dramatically less than the cumulative work done
> by the all rest of the list as each individual sorts out
> your new content from all the uncut "Reply to" mess in
> your post.

Wait, wait. I've seen this theory before.
Harry Potter goes to school, and gets taught by a ghost who puts everyone
to sleep, and by a half-giant who endangers everyone.
But that's fine!  Dumbledore is proud of himself for making the Professor
and Hagrid very happy by giving them jobs.  The larger group's happiness is
not part of the decision process.

Never mind, that all takes place in a fictional world.
Carry on, carry on, nothing to see here.