[LMB] QUOTES (Yes, I AM shouting!)

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Tue Sep 1 03:52:26 BST 2020

Well I got my first Imsai in 1975. Started by loading a TDL Basic
Interpreter from cassette via a ROM monitor. No disks yet nor modems.
Several years later, moved up to CP/M 80 and disks and a modem (300
Baud, don't remember who built it). We did not have email yet but had
Bulletin Board Systems. I was responsible for the code of one using Ward
Christensen's program (LICA - The Long Island Computer Association's
board). I did not have the hardware because we required a Long Island
phone number, and I lived in Brooklyn. Nothing like the Web yet. I
graduated to an IBM clone running DOS in 1987, and got to the Web in
1992. An early user of Panix, which I had learned of from a BBS where I
was a habitue.

Harvey