[LMB] Vat protein (was: SF Inventions I want)

Susan Waltman goodwoof at cox.net
Tue Sep 1 08:59:04 BST 2020

Just in the news last week:

https://thespoon.tech/bond-pet-foods-creates-cultured-chicken-protein-prototype-for-pet-nutrition/

I have previously seen articles about vat grown shrimp & pork, almost ready
for prime time in Asia. Texture is apparently still a challenge, so they
are looking to start with egg roll fillings, where it is less critical.

Here is a fairly long, current article on various meat alternatives:
https://www.cbinsights.com/research/future-of-meat-industrial-farming/

No mentions yet of "vat octopus pizza" (Cryoburn)...

Susan and the salukis

PS -- Apologies for my previous post a few days ago. I did try to trim it!
But I've been sidelined by health issues for a while, and not doing much
email. So I didn't realize my stupid email editor (or is that redundant
these days?) did an "upgrade" and got stupider, changing the default on how
it treats message  text I am responding to. Used to be that I had to
explicitly show & include quotes. Now I have to make sure to hunt down &
kill even the barely visible "hidden" quotes... Lesson learned!