[LMB] QUOTES (Yes, I AM shouting!)

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Tue Sep 1 10:49:16 BST 2020

> On Aug 31, 2020, at 11:27 PM, Jean Lamb <tlambs1138 at charter.net> wrote:
>
> I remember the wonderful anniversary where I got a 28.8 modem for my present, and our son to install it!
>
> It rocked!

IIRC, I skipped the 9600 modem, went directly to 14.4K modem, and went to the 28K or 56K modem. But I went across the street to
the Starbucks (which had high speed service) for serious web browsing.

I had a phone line I never called out on and used the command to the modem to ignore incoming calls.
I think I would have be charged 10 cents a call for outgoing calls, but nothing for incoming calls.

I frequently join one of my friends who had a laptop with 4 lines of text on its screen, but he preferred
that to his home desktops which he assembled from computers in the trash.

Nowadaze kids carry computers that are more powerful than the IBM 7090, which was the main conputer
in my first post college job and supported an engineering facility with over 1000 employees. Some of whom
were taking the text output and graphing it.

We carry comconsoles in our pockets and that is only one of the things our phones do. Miles uses transparent
sheets overlaid to show which Counts he can horse trade with, our phones could do this easily. Would be
easier to send to your allies from a phone.

—
Of course our planet has its mood swings – it is, after all, bipolar.