[LMB] SF Inventions I want

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 01:28:47 BST 2020

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 20:47:53 +0000 (UTC), Pouncer via Lois-Bujold
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

> And
>heat -- whether for the living area, or the water tank, or
>just to keep ice off the roof -- is so big a chunk of our
>social footprint.  Bring on the nukes!

Heating to keep ice off the roof is a category error.  Design the roof
to shed ice, if it's warm enough to shed ice through heat, you're losing
a lot.  Remember, even if we can get zero-carbon power, we could still
cook ourselves by using too much energy.
--
Conscience is the inner voice that warns us somebody might be looking.  - H.L. Mencken