[LMB] SF Inventions I want

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Mon Sep 7 09:45:18 BST 2020

> On Sep 6, 2020, at 9:25 PM, Robert Woodward via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Would it be one of the “Reformed Sufi” stories (written by Ray Brown) that appeared in Analog in 1982 and 1983? Titles were “A Change of Employment”, "Looking for the Celestial Master”, “Credos”, and "Identity Crisis”.

I remember them as such. But it was a transfer to AI IIRC. People went to simulations, but we now
now that every thing we learn changes the “wiring” of the brain. And you have to also simulate the
endocrine glands and IIUC every organ in the body makes and releases hormones which influence
cognition.

Its good fiction as it raises some important points, just like FLT allows the Uterine Replicator which
is the real driver of the Miles and Quaddie saga.

—
A unix salesperson, Lenore
Loved her job, but loved the beach more.
She devised such a way
to combine work and play:
She sells C-shells by the seashore.