[LMB] QUOTES (Yes, I AM shouting!)

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Mon Sep 7 10:11:48 BST 2020

> On Sep 7, 2020, at 3:39 AM, A. Marina Fournier via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I think Alan Frisbee (of LQA fandom, but no relation to the toy folk, but his business is Flying Disk Systems) in the second half of the 1980’s, was a wizard with DEC-10s, and he could charge whatever rate he wanted, because it was a dying breed th.at <http://th.at/>some companies were unwilling to let go

The Dec 10 and 20 were miles ahead of the IBM series which were suffering from lack of address space,
which has been a long time problem for many systems.

The original Mac OS, used the upper eight bits of the 32 bits and thus was restricted to a 24 bit address space.
Later Apple had to address this problem and we had to use 32 bit clean programs and compatibility modes.

Albeit, the original 1984 Mac OS was a masterpiece of shoving a WYSIWYG interface into that limited
processing and restricted memory and disk space machine.

—
A unix salesperson, Lenore
Loved her job, but loved the beach more.
She devised such a way
to combine work and play:
She sells C-shells by the seashore.