[LMB] SF Inventions I want

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Wed Sep 9 03:25:45 BST 2020

On 9/8/20 5:10 PM, Raymond Collins wrote:
> Back in the nineties UCSC had classes in conversational Klingon. One of the
> reasons to teach Klingon was so that negotiators could talk amongst
> themselves during negotiations without being understood by the other team.

I would worry about culture coming across with the language. I believe
speaking Klingon makes one more aggressive and concerned with honor.

Two negotiating teams both trained in Klingon might end the negotiation
by drawing their pens and assaulting each other in an all-out war for
dominance.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil