[LMB] Duolingo, was SF Inventions I want

Kalina Varbanova kikibug13 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 21:19:55 BST 2020

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020 at 11:14 PM Sylvia McIvers <sylviamcivers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is anyone else here using duolingo?
> Is it a case of "you get what you pay for" or does it really work?

I have been doing (slowly and at my own pace) their Mandarin course and I'm
almost done with it. While I can't say I have anywhere near enough
vocabulary to start reading, I am certainly at the stage of catching words
and phrases when I listen to Chinese dramas and even some texts. For a 2k
ish words vocab course, my knowledge is about where I expect it, if that
helps?

(For languages that I know I need a refresher, it's also rather convenient.)

In short, it has been working well enough for me that I haven't been
tempted to try the plus/paid version.

- K
--
"When you say travel", she said, "you don't think small." -- Fawn
Bluefield, LMB

"What do monsters have nightmares about?"
"Me, ha!" - Doctor Who