[LMB] OT: update

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 15 16:07:02 BST 2020

"Harvey Fishman" <fishman at panix.com> wrote:
> Won't your doctor's office handle prescription refills by phone? They
> have to email the prescription to the pharmacy anyway.

I can't speak to how things work in Kevin's jurisdiction.  But in
Ontario, opioids can't be prescribed without the patient first having
an appointment with the doctor, as part of monitoring the use of such
medications.  These days, the appointment is usually done remotely by
video; I expect that it could be just by audio in a pinch.  But it's
not just a matter of the patient calling the doctor's office and
asking them to take care of it; an appointment has to be set up, which
involves scheduling a slot in the time that the doctor has available
for such.

Joel