[LMB] OT: Opinions of writers wanted

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Fri Sep 18 03:07:32 BST 2020

On Aug 16, 2020, at 6:25 PM, adkinslawfirm at mindspring.com wrote:

> [Hogarth] describes her Pelted universe as "Star Trek with catgirls."  It's more than that, but that was the starting point.  There's excellent worldbuilding and intense relationships, especially friendships.  Most of her books are some of the *kindest* I've ever read.  Even the series with more violence & intergalactic war (the Princes' Game series) has complex and fascinating redemption arcs that play out over several books.
>
> The first book of hers I read was _Mindtouch_, book 1 of the Dreamhealers series.  It's currently free, here: https://www.amazon.com/Mindtouch-Dreamhealers-Book-M-C-Hogarth-ebook/dp/B00DFL379M, https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mindtouch-mca-hogarth/1115695811 and here, https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/mindtouch-the-dreamhealers-1 and here, https://books.apple.com/us/book/mindtouch-the-dreamhealers-1/id902576660

I've been reading Hogarth's Dreamhealers series -- got Mindtouch when you recommended it, then of course had to go on to Mindline, and now I've finished Dreamhearth, so I guess I need to get Dreamstorm now.  Thank you for the recommendation!  The kindness definitely appeals to me.  And the characters are so sweet.

Katherine