[LMB] Cursing

Pouncer pouncer at aol.com
Sun Sep 20 18:04:30 BST 2020

Howard :
> I remember reading books in my youth where we were told about how
> a protagonist admired the skill that a sidekick had at cursing.
> Of course we never got to see it ourselves.

Joel:

>Heinlein's _Starship Troopers_ is one that I recall:
>
>"He went on and on and I began to forget my goose flesh in
>hearing himstorm.  He never once repeated himself and he never
>used either profanity or obscenity. ... I became greatly
>interested in studying his command of language.  I wished
>that we had had him on our debate team."

Bujold's _The Warrior's Apprentice_ is one I recall:

"These are the transcripts of the latest dispatches between
Admiral Oser and the Pelian high command. ... Yes, I'd
understood Admiral Oser had a remarkable command of invective
when, er, roused..."

"[Miles] cuddled back happily into his pillow. He would
have to commit some of Oser's choicest phrases to memory,
he decided.  They were unique. "