[LMB] OT: aaargh

Joel Polowin jpolowin at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 20 21:27:22 BST 2020

Kevin Kennedy <kevink45 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I need a gutless. The guy who brought me my evening dose of painkiller
> decided it would be funny to tell me I'm going home in a couple of
> days. It's NOT. funny. I don't had the artificial foot yet and I'll need
> to learn to use it. For scaring  me, he needs to walk the plank

Aaargh indeed.  I can see someone saying that as an "obviously kidding
around, in a supportive way" joke, under the right circumstances, to
the right person.  "Wow, you're doing so amazingly well, you're getting
better so quickly, maybe they'll be able to send you home in a couple of
days, right!  Ha ha!"  It's a thing that would require some judgement,
and absolutely must not be said in such a way as to be taken seriously.

As it is, ouch.  If you see the guy again, perhaps explain that there
will be a delay while your new foot is dislodged from his posterior.

Joel