[LMB] OT: More words that I HATE!!

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 17:53:25 BST 2020

As I understand it, a lot of the simplified Chinese characters used in the
"People's" "Republic" of "China" are based on "shorthand" versions of some
of the more complicated-to-write traditional characters.  My main objection
to them is that I can't figure out what the "radical" is to look them up in
the dictionary if I don't recognize them.  (Chinese characters are composed
of elements called "radicals," usually characters in their own right.  When
the characters are "simplified," it's often hard to determine which
radicals are there.)