[LMB] OT: More words that I HATE!!

Fred fred.fredex at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 21:18:54 BST 2020

I wouldn't have thought of loose and lose as homonyns either, though I have
to admit they're close.  one has a hard S, the other one's sounds like a z
(or a zed, for some of you).

I'm reminded of a former co-worker who has one word for sight, site, cite,
and it is spelled sight. likewise there for their and they're. Also,
misinterprets should've ( when someone else is speaking) as "should of"
instead of "should have" and as a result writes "should of". I used to dun
him on those (at least when writing emails to customers) but gave up.

Spelling in general is one of my pet peeves, and I shouldn't let it get to
me, but it does nevertheless. :(
I'm coming to learn that most people who can't spell DON'T CARE and
therefore get irritated when someone tries to teach them better.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 3:30 PM Robert Woodward via Lois-Bujold <