[LMB] OT: More words that I HATE!!

Fred fred.fredex at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 21:24:37 BST 2020

it's there because they sound like  "tall-k" or  "wall-k', not tok or wok.
but I have to admit there may be regional accents that drop the l, though
I've not encountered one.

some (US) countrified accents have been known to pronounce talk as "tuck"
(like in the musical Oklahoma, where a song goes "saw a dozen gas buggies
goin' by theirsels, almost every time I tuck a walk"