[LMB] OT: More words that I HATE!!

B. Ross Ashley brashley46 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 00:26:11 BST 2020

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 20:51:41 -0400, Matthew George<matt.msg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Then you're in violation of every dictionary I've ever encountered.  > I've never heard *anyone*  pronounce those silent letters.

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 8:04 PM Harvey Fishman <fishman at panix.com>
> wrote:

> > I pronounce the 'l' in talk and walk and balk.
Our folk chorus' music director and conductor pronounces all three of
those l's ... however, she is a Catalan immigrant to Canada. I have
never heard it, quite, from any native speakers of English, except for
in the word "balk". That, I myself  pronounce the l in. No idea whether
that is southern New England, northeast Florida, or Toronto. The other
two are more like wawk and tawk. (Definitely not wok and tok.)