[LMB] OT: More Words that I Hate!!

Katherine Collett kcollett at hamilton.edu
Wed Sep 23 18:37:25 BST 2020

On Sep 22, 2020, at 10:22 PM, Jane Hotchkiss via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

> Dear, dear list, you've been part of my daily life for at least 20 years.  Lois spells Ekaterin **without** a terminal E. Ekaterin, not Ekaterine. Ekaterine *with* the terminal E is a perfectly legitimate spelling, but it's not the one Lois uses.

Hear, hear.  I notice that too, in many posts.  But that's okay -- I have accepted that many people are just not spelling-oriented.  As when I email someone, with my name in the email address and the signature, spelled with a K, and their reply begins, "Cathy".

Katherine (with a terminal e, and an initial K)