[LMB] Old SF

Thomas Izbicki tizbick at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 27 16:23:26 BST 2020

As I recall the book Starship Troopers, Rico, Carmen Ibañez and Flores are all Hispanic names. In the film too, although it changes Flores from male to female. However, pictures of persons with Hispanic names often show a choice of those who look most white.

Another non-Caucasian lead figure is Travis Fox, an Apache, in Andre Norton (Alice Mary Norton) in Defiant Agents.

Of course, most of the older SF novels I read fearture white leads.

Tom Izbicki