[LMB] OT: the changing world

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Mon Sep 28 15:34:55 BST 2020

> On Sep 28, 2020, at 7:37 AM, WILLIAM A WENRICH <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
>
> On a personal note, when I was stationed in Thailand in 1968, my stepfather told me that I wouldn’t be welcomed home with a Thai wife. He died in 1969. My little sister (10.5 years younger than me) is married to an African American. The whole family was devastated when she miscarried. They have adopted three of his grandchildren (his daughter’s from a previous marriage). I also have several biracial great nephews and nieces.
> Attitudes change. Bigots die off.

My brother is a retired Marine (bird) Colonel with a Thai (now US) wife who just moved to Colorado Springs with his 1-year-old twins (He’s 62, his wife is almost 40).   He moved after studying to find good school districts.   In North Las Vegas his wife knew other Thai spouses.   The pandemic is slowing down them finding friends, but Colorado Springs does have a significant retired military population.   And my family is in the Denver area.