[LMB] Fwd: Re: Old SF

Ruchira Mathur wetair at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:53:17 BST 2020

 The fan hardcore and the ones who can afford to buy a supportive
membership. It isn't everyone who buys the books.

I would have liked to vote but it's too expensive for me so . . .

The closest I've come to buying a supporting membership is the whole sad
puppy situation. Them and their insistence that the only reason the books
won is because of political correctness and didn't really have a good story
and so didn't deserve to win.

A good story is a good story. I just don't think people agree on what a
good story is. And the sad puppies took other people disagreeing with them
on what the good stories as a personal insult, as somehow proof that
everyone who voted for them was voting for the books they voted for because
of political correctness. They didn't realize that everyone doesn't like
the same story.