[LMB] Not really off topic puppy name

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 2 07:45:28 BST 2021

From: "Katherine (Kathy) Collett" <kcollett at hamilton.edu>

A week ago my retirement puppy joined our family ? 8-week-old golden retriever Moonlit Meadows Goldberry.  We will mostly call her Berry.  Like Eowyn, our last much-loved golden retriever, the name Goldberry is from Tolkien -- Tom Bombadil's fair lady Goldberry, River-woman's daughter.  Berry is also Berry Clearcreek from the Sharing Knife, who is a counterpoint to Tolkien's Goldberry, as Sharing Knife is to Lord of the Rings.  And as River-woman's daughter, Berry is also connected to the Rivers who are genii loci in Aaronovitch's Rivers of London books.
Katherine

Gwynne: Ohhh that sounds so beautiful!
I've been searching rescue sites for a dog for a while now, but I have some
difficult requirements (related to getting a dog that won't fall down the cliff)
so I'm still searching. I basically need a dog that's inert.
But yours sounds so beautiful... I have puppy envy!