[LMB] ListBiz: How is everyone doing?

alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca
Mon Jun 7 20:31:13 BST 2021

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, Howard Brazee wrote:
> The next round of NHL playoffs will require the teams to cross the border.   Canada announced yesterday that it will be done.

But that's definitely a _special case_. Hockey is Canada's national sport,
after all... The NHL seems to have learned from the Vcr Canucks' bad
example and are seriously quarantining/testing the teams.

I don't expect Canadians to be comfortable with opening the border until a
much larger percentage of people on both sides of the border are fully
vaccinated. Currently my city (Ottawa) has 68% of 18+ with one dose (57%
of all) -- but less than 10% with two doses.

At least the takeup has been good - the complaints here today have been
with systems overwhelmed by the demand for second shots for those 70+.

But with the delta (Indian) variant out there, it's still pretty scary.

I got my first Moderna shot on April 25 (went well) and don't think I've
been infected. I'm hoping for a second shot real soon, but I would still
rather have all the front-line and warehouse workers innoculated first.

Alayne

--
Alayne McGregor
alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca