[LMB] Professionals...

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Tue Jun 8 16:36:06 BST 2021

On 6/8/21 8:06 AM, Gwynne Powell wrote:
> I'm sure that some do, but not many. Miles isn't an amateur. He's very
> professional about his fleet; it's not all about the fun moments when he's
> shooting at people, it's also about the long dreary times when he's filling in
> forms and ordering his troop of attack accountants around.

I think that Miles was thrown into the deep end. Most fresh Ensigns or
Lieutenants won't be thinking about this at all. I think that Admiral
Oser had hired fundamentally good people, for the most part. And there
was Captain Tung.

I don't think Miles had thought about the details and organization until
his new Dendarii mercenaries started asking about Fleet procedures,
employment benefits, etc.

--
                 Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                         Study Hard -- Be Evil