[LMB] AKICOT:L Kindle Help

Harvey Fishman fishman at panix.com
Wed Jun 9 15:15:11 BST 2021

------ Original Message ------
From: "WILLIAM A WENRICH" <wawenri at msn.com>
To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster Bujold."
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
Bcc: fishman at panix.com
Sent: 6/9/2021 8:51:27 AM
Subject: Re: [LMB] AKICOT:L Kindle Help

>Indeed I have. The instructions, however, only work for books (and I already knew how to adjust fonts and sizes for them) not for magazines. I can’t get Analog out of the two column mode. There is supposed to be something called immersive reading that is more like what I use with books. I can’t get it to turn on with the magazine. I mean the controls aren’t there.
>
>Christian, husband, father, granddaddy, son, American. Here I stand. I can do no other. God help me.
>William A Wenrich
Well, I don't use an Amazon Fire; I use a Ninth Generation Kindle Vista,
and I do not subscribe to Analog on it (though I probably should). I do
subscribe to _The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction_ on it and it
comes up single column, and as far as I could see this was the only
choice. Have you tried holding the Fire portrait-mode rather than
scenery-mode?

Harvey