[LMB] Cordelia's Collegiate Sport?

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 17:01:12 BST 2021

Pouncer said in passing:

>  Cordelia is not particularly tall

I thought she was tall - not exceptionally so, but taller than the average
on Barrayar. Did I imagine that? Make it up? Misremember?

Dammit, now you'll have me looking for textev.

Is there a reason to assume Cordelia had a collegiate sport? Does everyone
have them? Is that normal? Here or on Beta Colony? Did I just miss out? (My
collegiate sport was reading, I think.)

Following your logic, squash seems likely, though I don't see anything in
her history or personality that points to it. I'd choose fencing, myself
(and I did, briefly, when I looked up from the books for a bit.) But that's
me, and if Cordelia had been a fencer, we'd have heard about it. Ditto
marital arts.

So what are you thinking of?

namaste,
Elizabeth