[LMB] Madness

Alex Kwan litalex at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 02:40:04 BST 2021

Hello,

> On Jun 10, 2021, at 15:23, Eric Oppen <ravenclaweric at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In my own case, insofar as I have it (I don't have most of the symptoms
> I've read about, just a strong, bad startle reaction) I'd lay it at the
> door of "too much excitement at home of the wrong time when I was too young
> to handle it."  Alcoholic parents are SO much fun…

Hmm, my dad was more or less a functional alcoholic, too, though he really just go back to his room and start snoring once into his drink.

But my mom, oh, my mom is a true believer in spare the rod, spoil the child. Though I’ve talked to many fellow Asians who said it’s just an Asian thing. Personally I think she’s a bit over the top and just uses my misbehavior as an excuse to chase me around the living room to tan my hide. I still flinch whenever she raises her hand or get too much into my personal space, even for perfectly innocuous things.

little Alex