[LMB] AKICOT:L Kindle Help

Fred fred.fredex at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 15:30:35 BST 2021


I especially like the Kindle Paperwhite because it is waterproof. Great for
reading in the bath.

Last time I noticed, Amazon says in advertising copy that the current
kindle paperwhite is waterproof. but if you go read the fine print they
offer a lot of caveats to that, leaving one to t hink that it may resist
minor amounts of water, but they are not guaranteeing it is actually
submersible.


On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 10:24 PM Mark Goldfield <markgoldfield at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I can swipe up to navigate to the next page in the index on my Kindle
> Paperwhite, or swipe down to go to the prior page. It does not usually open
> a book for me unless I tap. It is possible for the swipe to be mistaken for
> a tap.
>
> An alternative is to tap the page numbers displayed in the lower right. If
> I tap “1 of 641” I get a screen where I can enter the page number in the
> index, then press “Go” and it opens that page in the index.
>
> I especially like the Kindle Paperwhite because it is waterproof. Great
> for reading in the bath.
>
> I hope the alternative method of navigation is useful.
>
> Happy reading.
>
> Mark
>
> > On Jun 11, 2021, at 9:41 PM, Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Only with the index page. There's nowhere to put my finger - if I try
> to go
> > to the second page listing my books, it opens a book instead. Make
> browsing
> > my list difficult. It works fine on my tablet.
> >
> > Ah, I see. on my paperwhite there is a little bit of blank space at the
> > bottom of the index pages, below the bottommost listing and above the
> > advertisement that is at bottom. I swipe left or right in that spot to
> > switch index pages.
> >
> >
> >> On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 9:55 AM Elizabeth Holden <alzurite at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Fred said:\
> >>
> >>> Elizabeth, not sure I understand what you mean about trouble turning
> >> pages.
> >>
> >> Only with the index page. There's nowhere to put my finger - if I try
> to go
> >> to the second page listing my books, it opens a book instead. Make
> browsing
> >> my list difficult. It works fine on my tablet.
> >>
> >>> I find the kindle works great if all I'm doing is reading sequentially
> in
> >> a
> >>> book.
> >>
> >> Yes.
> >>
> >>> I have two bibles in my
> >>> kindle, but have given up on using them because it is so clumsy.
> >>
> >> Yes, it's clumsy for back-and-forth tings,or for searching or browsing.
> >>
> >> namaste,
> >> Elizabeth
> >>
> >> Elizabeth Holden <azurite at azurite.ca>
> >>
> >> <
> >>
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Fsig-email%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Dwebmail&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6cd9d3a4c02541a7c67108d92d432aca%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637590588766846759%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=NyKjB9TApAYnUov9R%2BG64am6EFxvMN6yU7CSu540eiM%3D&reserved=0
> >>>
> >> Virus-free.
> >>
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2F&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6cd9d3a4c02541a7c67108d92d432aca%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637590588766846759%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=nk8yPRDGM6I5V8W8akIUHuhsZ1qL0s25sPhhqbabRjQ%3D&reserved=0
> >> <
> >>
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Fsig-email%3Futm_medium%3Demail%26utm_source%3Dlink%26utm_campaign%3Dsig-email%26utm_content%3Dwebmail&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6cd9d3a4c02541a7c67108d92d432aca%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637590588766846759%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=NyKjB9TApAYnUov9R%2BG64am6EFxvMN6yU7CSu540eiM%3D&reserved=0
> >>>
> >> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
> >> --
> >> Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to fred.fredex at gmail.com
> >> Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
> >>
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.herald.co.uk%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Flois-bujold&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6cd9d3a4c02541a7c67108d92d432aca%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637590588766846759%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jASvJS2scsXWVnrrgXkpr5DutOYcJKKHKPFACkxhnpY%3D&reserved=0
> >>
> > --
> > Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to markgoldfield at hotmail.com
> > Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
> >
> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flists.herald.co.uk%2Fcgi-bin%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Flois-bujold&data=04%7C01%7C%7C6cd9d3a4c02541a7c67108d92d432aca%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637590588766846759%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=jASvJS2scsXWVnrrgXkpr5DutOYcJKKHKPFACkxhnpY%3D&reserved=0
>
> --
> Lois-Bujold mailing list message sent to fred.fredex at gmail.com
> Lois-Bujold at lists.herald.co.uk
> http://lists.herald.co.uk/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/lois-bujold
>


More information about the Lois-Bujold mailing list