[LMB] AKICOT:L Kindle Help

Howard Brazee howard at brazee.net
Sat Jun 12 16:09:48 BST 2021

> On Jun 12, 2021, at 8:30 AM, Fred <fred.fredex at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I especially like the Kindle Paperwhite because it is waterproof. Great for
> reading in the bath.
>
> Last time I noticed, Amazon says in advertising copy that the current
> kindle paperwhite is waterproof. but if you go read the fine print they
> offer a lot of caveats to that, leaving one to t hink that it may resist
> minor amounts of water, but they are not guaranteeing it is actually
> submersible.

Some people read dead-tree books in the tub, and we can tell by looking at the books.

It is nice to have “waterproof” books that can be touched with wet hands, or get splashed, and can possibly survive being dropped in the water.   It is interesting to notice every year, smart phones get different waterproof ratings as they get better and better at surviving dunks.