[LMB] OT: Practice for terraforming Beta Colony on Earthly deserts.

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 05:58:22 BST 2021

We have no idea how to colonize the Moon.  We can't establish closed
ecosystems, or even moderately sustainable ones.  We don't even have the
technologies it would take to operate mines with remote control on the
Moon, much less send people there to keep systems running.  And there
aren't any resources available there that would recoup the vast expenses of
gathering them, not even the rare earths that are fueling the quiet cold
war over Africa.