[LMB] Paging Ma Kosti OT:

catherine muir c_muir68 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 17 12:04:29 BST 2021

Sounds very like the mix I use for chutney except that also has ginger in it.   Two parts ginger to one part mixed spice, one part cinnamon, half a part ground cloves, some salt and pepper.    Some cooking apples, peeled cored and chopped; about the same mass of chopped white onion, some sultanas (depending on who I’m making it for, anything from a handful to three times that); a pint of pickling vinegar, a poind of sugar and about 3 pounds of whatever main fruit or veg I’m using for the chutney, add the spice mix, bring to the boil slowly stirring frequently till sugar is dissolved; cook at a simmer to boil for one hour.    Allow to cool, then pot in sterilised jars.