[LMB] OT: Masks

Elizabeth Holden alzurite at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 01:06:05 BST 2021

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 11:59:39PM +0000, Harvey Fishman wrote:
> There seems to be less and less mask wearing here in Brighton Beach,
> Brooklyn. I sat on the boardwalk for a couple of hours this afternoon, and
> one in ten people passing had masks on.

That sounds like a pleasant time.

I used to walk all the time, most places I went. I walked to school, I
walked to work, I walked to shopping, and so on. But in recent years among
the horrors of aging have been a sore back and a case of  bursitis, which
made walking both painful and sore, so I started relying on buses more.
Then COVid came along... Well, with assiduous yoga practice and self-care
I'm walking better, so today I went for a real walk outside the house.

And you know what? I simply forgot to put on my mask. It was a quiet
morning; ;I forgot there might be real people out there in the world. There
weren't too many and I didn't have to go near any of them, but I was
mortified. I didn't want to be one of those people so thoughtless as to
leave the house without a mask, not for a long time. I haven't had my
second shot yet, either.

Tomorrow I will remember to wear my mask, and I will feel much more
confident in the world.

namaste,
Elizabeth

Virus-free.