[LMB] Bastard's Day

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 05:12:58 BST 2021

On this day, since it's just after Father's Day, I should mention that one
thing that would turn my mild-mannered-as-Clark-Kent father "from Jekyll to
Hyde in .05 seconds" was people picking on those who'd been born
illegitimately.   For that matter, both my parents felt that way.

Mom just thought it was stupid and cruel to pick on people for something
that wasn't their fault, while Dad had been raised by his aunt (his mother
had died when he was six months old) and her illegitimate daughter, who
were jointly "mothers" to him.  He took that sort of nonsense very
personally.