[LMB] OT: A PSA

Rebecca Price becca7108 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:03:59 BST 2021

What Marc said.

Steph's affairs were simple, but it's still being a lot of work. My brother
has been in contact with a lawyer, and we can't do anything about her
effects for about 3 weeks, Credit cards need to be cancelled, bank accounts
closed, social security contacted - all those will need their own copy of
an official death certificate. When a friend's husband died,she wound up
needing 15 official, notarized copies of his death certificate. And,
importantly, pets need to be taken care of and homes found if necessary.

And really, you should have a list of people who should be contacted. We're
having to go through Steph's friend list on Facebook to determine who to
tell and how to contact them.

Don't make things harder for your sister and nieces than they need to be.