[LMB] OT: Space travel

WILLIAM A WENRICH wawenri at msn.com
Tue Jun 22 20:16:54 BST 2021

We’re all going to die. Yeltar would have destroyed all of us. Colonizing anywhere is just too dangerous. The pilgrims lost a over 40% the first winter and they did better than Jamestown that lost 88%.
Of course that was when fewer than half of the children lived to be adults.
I read a SF story, it was either in Analog or Galaxy, that said that if we didn’t have space colonies by the 21st century, we would never have them because all of the resources would be needed to keep the population alive. (Remember: This was at the time of the population bomb when enormous famines whole kill a large percentage of the population before 2001.)

William A Wenrich