[LMB] OT: A PSA

catherine muir c_muir68 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 22 22:51:57 BST 2021

I don;t know what the law is where you are;  but (Lord forbid) if your sister should predecease you or die very shortly afterwords or in the same accident, who would know what to do?   And would there be an automatic legatee of last resort if there was nobody sufficiently closely related?  In the UK, if there is no will and no spouse and no offspring and no relatives closer than first cousin, then the lot goes to the Crown.  Could your estate go to the State?