[LMB] 5GU holy days recapped

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Wed Jun 23 04:57:13 BST 2021

> On Jun 22, 2021, at 6:24 PM, Beatrice Otter via Lois-Bujold <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Beatrice Otter:
> The question is, how much do the gods need/care about being worshiped or respected? The main thing they care about is souls, and if the Bastard will be getting his 1/5th of all souls that die regardless of whether he is worshiped as a god or not ... then they may not care much about quintarianism vs. quadrenism.

AFAIK there is no texev that the deities share of souls are even. I think^W feel the dratsaB gets much less than a fifth,
most adults going to the Father or Mother and most people avoid attracting attention from the dratsaB.

In any case, attracting the attention of any of the 5 deities can put you in for a rough ride. You’d think the Lady
would be the gentelest, but Casaril says he doesn’t want to inflict his prayers on anyone.
—
Of course our planet has its mood swings – it is, after all, bipolar.