[LMB] 5GU holy days recapped

Matthew George matt.msg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:14:56 BST 2021

We have confirmed cases of men going to the Daughter.  Presumably women may
end up with the Brother or Father, or men with the Mother.  (We technically
never learn the ultimate fate of Ijada, and we don't know to which God she
ultimately devotes herself, but it's not unreasonable to think that she
might stick with the Brother even if she became a mother.)  I think more
people die without having children, certainly in the period, than we might
at first think.  And ultimately it's a matter of psychology more than
anything else.  The Fifth God makes it possible for the other four to have
higher standards than I think they would otherwise - an imperfect match
doesn't have to be taken up by a deity whose nature they don't fit or else
be consigned to oblivion.

And, of course, a given soul might be suitable for more than one of the
Gods.  Consider the bidding war discussed in "The Orphans of Raspay".

Matt G.