[LMB] OT: Damn, damn, damn!!

Mark Allums mark at allums.email
Fri Jun 25 06:10:40 BST 2021

I have several computers, some running windows 10, some running Debian
(Linux).

One computer, running Windows 10, is an ASUS Ryzen 7-based ROG Crosshair
Hero VI.

I passed the win 10 PC Health check for Win 11 by:

1.) signing in to a Microsoft account (including OneDrive)
2. Disabling the CSM option in BIOS (in effect enabling full Windows
UEFI boot)
3.) Enabled Secure Boot (if not already enabled)
4.) Switched TPM setting from discrete (disabled) to firmware fTPM (TPM
2.0 enabled) and installing the default keys (trivial, one-time operation)
5.) Back up keys onto a USB Flash thumb drive.

It is all rather silly, to my mind.  Windows Pro users must Sign In to a
Microsoft account to install Win 11 (but can go back to local accounts
after install, I'm told).

Mark A.