[LMB] OT: Backups using My Book Live

Beatrice Otter beatrice_otter at zoho.com
Fri Jun 25 21:17:23 BST 2021

Beatrice Otter via Lois-Bujold <mailto:lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> hat am 25.06.2021 18:27 geschrieben:
> Warning to anyone using My Book Live drives from My Disk: some of them have been doing a factory reset on themselves. The company advises everyone using those drives to disconnect them from the internet until they figure out what the problem is.

---- On Fri, 25 Jun 2021 10:34:18 -0700 baur baur via Lois-Bujold <mailto:lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote ----

things that are in the cloud can be blown away - like clouds .

Beatrice Otter:

This isn't stuff in the cloud. Cloud storage is when someone else owns the drives and servers that the data is on, and you possess no physical access to it. Your only option to access, with cloud-stored data, is over the internet. This is a drive that you own and physically possess, so you are storing your data on your own drive and it's all yours. BUT it also connects to the internet so you can upload to it from anywhere. You don't have to connect it to the internet; that is an optional feature.

Beatrice Otter