[LMB] No gunpowder no protection was Re: Backups using My Book Live

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Mon Jun 28 12:15:09 BST 2021

> On Jun 27, 2021, at 11:53 PM, David Bowen <dmb0317 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jun 27, 2021 at 8:37 PM Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:
>

>> Every modern character moved into lower technology universes knows how to
>> make gunpowder!
>>

> So, since I don't remember the recipe for gunpowder, I don't have to worry
> about being transported into a lower tech universe?
>
> Dave Bowen
> --

Exception Judith Tarr and Harry Turtledove’s _Household Gods_

So that’s clearly no protection, besides those that don’t know how
to make gunpowder don’t get written up as they usually find it
difficult to survive or at best just blend into the population with no
effect.

The protagonist here got back, so she could be written up.

ObBujold: Chalion-Ibra Results of introducing gunpowder in weapons? Can’t do it
in earlier stories as once the secret is out it spreads. In Europe the correct rules of
how cannon balls fly contradicted the physical rules of Aristotle and caused theological
problems.