[LMB] [OT] Atlantic crossings, was Centrifugal gravity, was Re: Cordelia's College sport

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 19:53:04 BST 2021

I've had to explain to people that in classical antiquity, the line between
"man" and "god" wasn't as big and black as it is in Abrahamic monotheism.
Quite a few Greeks claimed divine ancestry (generally many generations
back) and there were cases in mythology and otherwise of men becoming gods,
or at least demigods.  Heracles, Romulus, and the successful pagan Roman
emperors come to mind in this context.