[LMB] [OT] Atlantic crossings, was Centrifugal gravity, was Re: Cordelia's College sport

Eric Oppen ravenclaweric at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 02:11:38 BST 2021

In Japanese, they refer to the Christian god as "Kami-sama" (Lord Kami)
AIUI.  (Any Japanese mavens present are invited to correct me on this
point; Japan was not my major focus when I was studying these things.)

However, "kami" also refers to many other beings---what the Greeks would
have called nymphs, oreads, and other nature spirits, as well as other
gods.  Combined, it means "divine" or "holy," as in "kamikaze" which means
"divine wind."