[LMB] Miles and Churchill OT:

catherine muir c_muir68 at hotmail.com
Sat May 1 10:22:40 BST 2021

It doesn’t need for Churchill to have died.   Check out the trilogy by Jo Walton called “Small Change” – the books are Farthing, Sixpence and Half a Crown.   He gets politically sidelined in the first book.

I find this trilogy to be far more frightening than most, because far more believable.   The little sounding notes throughout of:
“you can have him, just leave me alone” – shows how easy it is for democracy to die, and systematic persecution to become the means of government.