[LMB] OT: Good news

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue May 4 15:12:43 BST 2021

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 19:30:16 +0000, tidsel via Lois-Bujold
<lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk> wrote:

>Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

It means that one has little or no influence on the other.  People,
famously, are very bad at risk assessment, unless trained to do it
properly.

>> The people who have no side-effects are the ones who should be most
>> thankful, as it means their immune systems are relatively unreactive,
>> and so the virus can get a good hold before it catches on.

They should be more grateful *to the vaccine*.  It's not an absolutely
rock-solid correlation, but in general, if you have a strong reaction to
the vaccine, you'd likely have survived COVID anyway.  If you have *no*
reaction, you'd possibly have died without it.
--
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats.  - Howard Aiken