[LMB] OT: Good news

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Tue May 4 15:18:03 BST 2021

On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 15:43:54 +0000, Joel Polowin <jpolowin at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Marc Wilson <marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
>> The side-effects, if any, from the inoculations are due to your immune
>> system being triggered to alert status.  Younger people seem to get
>> worse side-effects.  Which implies that the less you react, the worse
>> the disease would have been, as it implies a relatively unreactive
>> immune system.
>
>If I understand correctly, some of the long-term effects of COVID
>are believed to be caused by excessive (or wonky) immune response.
>The immune system ends up causing vascular damage.  So it's not quite
>that simple.

Of course - this is a chat list and not a medical symposium. But I stand
by the statement that those who have *no* reaction at all are those who
were probably most at risk - that, or they've actually already had it,
asymptomatically.
--
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas.  If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats.  - Howard Aiken