[LMB] Listbiz

Melanie Dymond Harper mel at herald.co.uk
Wed May 5 12:08:29 BST 2021

Sharon mentions that Gmail were marking messages as junk. Helpful of
them. Those of you using Gmail, if you have a means of marking list
messages as "these are not junk, thanks, I actually wanted them" then
that would probably be quite helpful ;)

On the plus side, Yahoo/AOL/Verizon are now accepting list mail again
rather than complaining about the volume. Whether they are just dumping
it into a junk folder is anyone's guess, but at least it's leaving
here. I've also dealt with a similar, but smaller, issue with mail going
to me.com (Apple).

So, there is currently no undeliverable mail stacked up on this side. If
you aren't seeing list mail at this point, then the first place to look
would be your junk folder. I will probably be adding a few tweaks which
should improve delivery in the shortish term, but at this point actually
having all the mail leaving the server is a win!

("it didn't used to be this hard" no, you are so very right; trying to
get even moderately-bulk levels of mail out of the door has got way, way
more difficult than it used to be, because of spammers, malware & so
on.)

Cheers

Mel