[LMB] OT: Good news

Janet Gibbons sesack4th at hotmail.com
Sat May 8 21:03:46 BST 2021

In our defense (RNs) the Newbies don't give shots much anymore. Mine was given by a student nurse and I literally didn't feel it. I nervously gave instructions (too many years teaching) - 1. 2 inches down from joint. 2. Bunch muscle. 3. Relax arm. 4. Dart injection like you were throwing a dart.
She didn't roll her eyes and was polite.
I'm sorry your injector wasn't instructed properly. But nerves can be unexpected like that. Same thing happened to my son and his injector was a paramedic. 🤷‍♀️